FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting a tracked path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pavlonjablon
Exporting a tracked path
on Nov 29, 2012 at 2:49:20 pm

Hi guys,

i am looking for a way to track a movement of a hand in a clip and then to export the tracked path so I could use it in Illustrator/Photoshop. Is there any way to do that in After Effects? I am not a newbie to After Effects, but the complicated stuff like tracking have always been too complicated for me.

Thanks

Pavel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Exporting a tracked path
on Nov 29, 2012 at 3:35:12 pm

A tracked path is a succession of position keyframes. It isn't a path as you're probably used to using in Photoshop or Illustrator.

It would help to know why you feel you need a tracked path from tracking data; there may be alternatives you haven't considered.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

pavlonjablon
on Nov 29, 2012 at 3:41:55 pm

I would like to track a movement of hands/head of a rapper from a music video, then use the path to create an info-graphic poster, displaying the movement of his limbs/head separately.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 29, 2012 at 5:39:56 pm

Ah. If you're looking for nice curves indicating motion, I think you would be disappointed by the results of a motion track. Instead, you might want to look for extremes in motion, then construct you own path.

You can do this by locating the extremes of motion on a video layer, then highlighting them and hitting the asterisk key on the numeric keypad. This makes them easy to find when you create a solid, and make a mask with vertices at those points of extreme motion.

The resulting mask path can then be used in Illustrator or Photoshop (I think: not sure about Photoshop).

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Nov 30, 2012 at 12:23:04 pm

What kind of variables are you representing on this info-grafic? velocity? position?

If you have it tracked you can copy the position and paste it in a mask (within AE). Then copy/paste to a path at illustrator or probably even PS.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]