FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular: Converging particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyrael Tan
Trapcode Particular: Converging particles
on Nov 18, 2012 at 9:20:56 am

Hey, I'm trying to make the particles that are emitted to converge to a single point. I've also enabled the aux system to make the particles leave a trail behind them. Kind of like a bunch of homing missiles being fired out from a robot from all parts of its body (and the missiles leave a smoke trail behind) and converging to a single location, which is their target.

I've tried using the spherical field to pull the particles so that they converge into a single location. However, the spherical field affects the aux particles as well. So what happens is the trail gets pulled along into the spherical field and everything converges together. How do I make the aux particles to be unaffected by the spherical field? I only want the main particles to be pulled into the spherical field and for the aux particles to leave a trail behind, not for everything to be pulled in.

Or is there another workaround for this? Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Trapcode Particular: Converging particles
on Nov 18, 2012 at 1:46:50 pm

I think you will have to re-adjust the way you want to use particular more in lines with how Andrew Kramer did it in his smoke trails tutorial. You are going to need to set up an individual particle system for each missile.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tyrael Tan
Re: Trapcode Particular: Converging particles
on Nov 18, 2012 at 2:38:19 pm

I'm not actually making missiles, it's just something to help people understand what I mean :)

I have at least more than 30 particles.. To set up an individual particle system for each one would be pretty much impossible X.x

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]