FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using AE for creating an App

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alistair Gallop
Using AE for creating an App
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:19:14 pm

Hi,

I am looking to build an application that connects peoples Facebook information and pulls things like photos etc and then displays them in a video.

I created this video a while back in After effects

and I am now working in conjunction with an engineer to build an app that will essentially place peoples images within this video.

I know this is vague but what are the next steps I need to take to be able to make this happen? Is it even possible to use the after effects file to do this - can I use placeholders etc to contain the placements where the data will be placed?

As I said I know this is very vague but manipulating video in this way is new to me so was wondering if anyone had any experience in this field?

Thanks in advance

Ali

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Using AE for creating an App
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:56:06 pm

[Alistair Gallop] "I know this is vague but what are the next steps I need to take to be able to make this happen?"

Use a different application to do it.

AE is NOT the tool you want for this. AE's built for Motion Graphics, Effects and Compositing. It can only work with the footage items in the Project Pane, and it can only share with Premiere via Dynamic Link or other applications via exporting or rendering.

There are too many things external to AE in your proposed workflow to make it even the least bit useful for your intended purpose. Sorry.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alistair Gallop
Re: Using AE for creating an App
on Nov 3, 2012 at 3:43:19 am

Ok thanks for your reply Dave. I suspected this may be the case!

Ali

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]