FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extruded 3d object matching back and front

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiernan Murphy
Extruded 3d object matching back and front
on Oct 19, 2012 at 7:05:04 pm

I have a logo that I made 3d and then created a shape from vector layers. I extruded the shape layer. When i rotate it the back of the shape layer is just white. is there anyway to reflect the front of the logo on the back of the extrusion?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Extruded 3d object matching back and front
on Oct 19, 2012 at 8:04:55 pm

Can you make tiff of your final logo, put that in your comp, enanble 3d, and place it so it would reflect off your shape layer? Then you could set the properties of the tiff layer to be "reflection only" so it doesn't show up in the comp, but just reflects off your shape. You could parent it so when you rotate the shape layer, the reflection will move with it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 11, 2012 at 3:42:29 am

Did it work?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tiernan Murphy
on Nov 11, 2012 at 4:58:17 am

What I ended up doing was having a second logo that I did not extruded and just moved it back on the z axis so that it sat flush with the back of the extruded shape layer and parented it. This way seemed pretty easy just had to match the position to the extrusion depth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]