FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible streamline workflow for multiple animators working on 1 after effects project?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Rosales
Possible streamline workflow for multiple animators working on 1 after effects project?
on Oct 12, 2012 at 8:33:57 pm

Hi CC team and members,

I work for a production company and at times multiple team members will work on ONE project or break one file into MULTIPLE projects. I am looking for the best streamline workflow for multiple animators on ONE project?

Because of how I've used AE, I was thinking if there's a way or script that will automatically run right after importing a project in thus order:

1. Consolidate all Footage
2. Remove unused footage

I've seen multiple videos and forums and I can't find a solid answer.. Thank you ahead of time! :-)

Mario

Cool very cool! I'm excited... Just cause

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Possible streamline workflow for multiple animators working on 1 after effects project?
on Oct 14, 2012 at 3:42:53 pm

There is a script called "tidy up" that organizes your project assets into folders for you.

Then you can just run the "consolidate" and "reduce" commands manually after that and your project should be in good shape. Those commands take like 2 seconds each to run manually so I don't believe that running them via a script would really be of any benefit as far as time savings.

HTH

Return to posts index

Mario Rosales
Re: Possible streamline workflow for multiple animators working on 1 after effects project?
on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:37:58 pm

Thanks Erik,

Tidy up is a great script and if I were to go that route I would purchase their "Corner Cutters" because you get Tidy up plus way more, and for a respectable price.

However, I did find "Project Sync" which the user creates a master file and imports the sub-AE files to 'sync' it with (http://aescripts.com/ae-project-sync/). I have NOT purchased it so I can't give my opinion but it sounds good and so do the reviews.

With these options in hand there's more wiggle room to decide as a team whats the best streamline. Hope this helps others too.

Thanks

Cool very cool! I'm excited... Just cause

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Nov 9, 2012 at 10:26:15 pm

Hey Mario,
I'm glad you found some things that might work for you. Thanks for posting back about these scripts, I'm sure it will help someone else down the line. Let us know how it goes after you've had a chance to test everything out.

-E

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]