on Oct 9, 2012 at 6:46:09 pm

Hi guys how do I create this effect.
Any help would be amazing

Neil

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Brush strokes
on Oct 9, 2012 at 6:53:28 pm

To a certain extent you can use Write On effect in AE to simulate that.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Oct 9, 2012 at 7:24:44 pm

Neil

You can also use Stroke Effect with " Reveal Original Image " as Paint Style.
This will give you an option to show multiple objects using multiple Mask Shapes.

Here is the Tutorial:

Vishesh Arora
VFX and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 9, 2012 at 7:24:08 pm

Ted's right, you can emulate that with the write-on or the paint effect. Or you could just buy the design elements the guy created(it's 6 bucks, that's probably cheaper than it would cost me to take the time to make something like that) or you could paint on black and roto the brush/hand out of the shot and create your own from scratch..

You can see how this guy did it over at AETuts(Check out the Final Product Video), http://ae.tutsplus.com/articles/news/ink-redible-aetuts-premium-ink-reveal-...

If you get a premium membership over at Tuts, you can download all of those bleeds too.

VideoCoPilot also has an assortment of stuff premade with there RiotGear pack.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Neil Schollick
on Oct 9, 2012 at 7:32:29 pm

Thanks guys , yeah i know its really cheap to buy but I kind of like knowing how to do these from scratch.(Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime)
Anyway will give both techniques a try although the write on method gives a pretty sharp edge to the transition and doesn't look realistic so i think i will have to break out the old paint brushes from art school.
Cheers
Neil

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 9, 2012 at 8:01:00 pm

Check out this tutorial at Blue Print Reveal from Video CoPilot. Using curves and a texture he really roughens up the edge, but it won't flow like paint.

Also there is the Stylize > Roughen Edges effect that might help you out also.

Think that's about it for resources tutorials, so good luck, and have fun with it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]