FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making rain effect with particles with each droplets beign different assets?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JonZ MarZ
Making rain effect with particles with each droplets beign different assets?
on Oct 4, 2012 at 4:19:31 am

Hello,

I'm trying to make a sequence where there's falling blocks, falling like rain and piles up, like a tetris game kinda. I am trying to figure if this is possible with world particles or even Particler. The trick is each blocks use different graphics assets. I have like a dozen of different 'droplets' that each particles could randomly be.

Is that possible?

thx.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: Making rain effect with particles with each droplets beign different assets?
on Oct 4, 2012 at 9:31:26 am

JonZ
It is easy to make this if you can use Trapcode Particular because you will have better control on Life, Bounce, Rotation, etc.

If you can , then Put all the elements in Small Size Comp(200*200) and make each layer duration to 1 Frame.

Now in Particular Effects menu, Go to Particle and choose Sprite as particle Type.

Choose your Elements Comp as Texture layer. Then you can play with the settings.

In particle systems, you can achieve this with the same method by choosing Textured Square as Particle type but there is some difficulty with Longevity Property.

Vishesh Arora
VFX and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

chris brett
Re: Making rain effect with particles with each droplets beign different assets?
on Oct 4, 2012 at 9:33:48 am

Hi

..... pretty sure the answer is that it can be done but I do not know all the details ....

By way of useful info have seen tutorials where particles are made of sprites which are nominated objects from a drop-down menu ( which searches the loaded layers for options )

I think this is the principle behind the new Element 3D package - I think the 3D objects are imported as sprites.

So ..... if you have a number of particle systems running together and load different sprites on each one that should solve the first part of the problem I think.

However I do not have enough experience with this to advise on what happens when they hit the floor although my instinct is that it is probably 'do-able'..........

All the best ......... and if you get this one sorted it would be useful to post it I think I can see this might be used in all sorts of creative situations.

Chris Brett

Return to posts index

JonZ MarZ
on Oct 5, 2012 at 4:29:36 pm

Yes, the part of the particles stacking is mind boggling, I have yet to know how I can do it. It not really a big deal though, I got some fake visual trick to get around that, but it won't surely look as convincing if the blocks were stacking up from the particles gen itself. Probably will need to do that in 3D applications, but if that's what it need then I'll just simplify my scenario.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]