FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto-Orient using hold frames to pause, causes sudden rotation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Engelkemier
Auto-Orient using hold frames to pause, causes sudden rotation
on Sep 18, 2012 at 1:00:24 pm

I've got my animation all setup fine. It animates, and rotates mostly how I want it. But if I have to pause, it suddenly rotates. The only way I know of really pausing position is to use a hold frame or change to linear and have the same frame twice.
I prefer using a hold frame because you can see right in the timeline what you've done.

Anyone know of a way to keep the object from flipping out any time you pause?
Or should I just get off my lazy butt and always animate the rotations myself? lol

edit:
I'm not sure how to delete a post, but I figured it out Right after posting.
My motion wasn't looking good so I changed it to continuous bezier. On a hold frame, I'm guessing since a hold frame would have a second handle of zero, the second handle causes the path to turn oddly.
Switching that key to auto-bezier allows for the In handle, but it keeps the out handle in the same direction. Problem solved.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Auto-Orient using hold frames to pause, causes sudden rotation
on Sep 18, 2012 at 1:27:27 pm

No need to delete the post.

Someone else at some time will likely have the same problem, perhaps use the search function and find the solution to the problem you provided.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]