FORUMS: list search recent posts

EROR CODE: "RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina Rodriguez
EROR CODE: "RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback"
on Aug 31, 2012 at 5:16:59 pm

HI, I'm experiencing this error message: ""RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback"

I've seen similar questions pop up, but yet to find the solution.

My composition is quite simple at the moment, I just need this snippet of audio to create a simple animation...

I'm able to listen to the audio with ram preview in the Viewer, but once I add it to the composition, I get the error.

I then have to proceed to re-start AE because once I remove the audio from the comp, the same error will come up again (until restarted).

Here is the audio file info:

Software/Hardware Info: Creative Cloud / Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 / 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 / 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

Thanks

C.R.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: EROR CODE: "RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback"
on Aug 31, 2012 at 6:49:38 pm

A common way to resolve this problem is this: turn off the computer. Then start it up agin, and AE should function normally.

A LOT of AE CS6 users have this problem, and Adobe is well aware of it. However, it wouldn't hurt to add your voice to the chorus:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: EROR CODE: "RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback"
on Oct 12, 2012 at 4:14:03 pm

The After Effects CS6 (11.0.2) update was just released. It includes many bug fixes and adds some GPUs to the list of those that can be used for GPU acceleration of ray-traced 3D rendering.

Details are here: http://adobe.ly/AE1102

Note that one of the changes is the addition of a new Memory & Multiprocessing preference and an adjustment to memory handling on Mac OS to alleviate the problem seen when getting the message “After Effects error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback”.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]