FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects not porting 'Film Dissolve' effect from Premiere - "Replace With After Effects Composition"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Mulen
After Effects not porting 'Film Dissolve' effect from Premiere - "Replace With After Effects Composition"
on Aug 17, 2012 at 12:05:56 pm

I have clips that fade in and out using the film dissolve effect in Premiere. When I'm ready to color grade I choose the clips and select "Replace with After Effects Composition" to port them into AE. However, film dissolve disappears in AE forcing me to animate all the fades by hand (and just animating opacity doesn't give the same film-like fade).

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Ike Hanson
Re: After Effects not porting 'Film Dissolve' effect from Premiere - "Replace With After Effects Composition"
on Jan 13, 2016 at 2:16:58 pm

I'm having this exact same problem, is there a solution as of 2016?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After Effects not porting 'Film Dissolve' effect from Premiere - "Replace With After Effects Composition"
on Jan 13, 2016 at 2:35:12 pm

After Effects doesn't recognize most Premiere Pro transitions. The problem is, After Effects doesn't handle video in the same way that Premiere does. Premiere has tracks and hundreds of video clips can live on one track. Thus, you can transition between them. After Effects isn't a video editor and it doesn't have tracks. So transitions aren't really something you can have. If that makes sense.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]