FORUMS: list search recent posts

vector animation texture

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
minesh shah
vector animation texture
on Aug 13, 2012 at 4:25:48 pm

whats the best way of adding a texture over a vector animation i have to give it a more rough look. i can add a opacity mask in illustrator but i dont thing i can bring it over so easily. Anybody know how i can add this effect?

Thanks in advance :)

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: vector animation texture
on Aug 13, 2012 at 5:25:42 pm

Are you trying to add texture to the whole comp or to individual elements? Either or, you can use the effects in AE to add texture to any element or to the whole comp without having to leave AE.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

minesh shah
on Aug 13, 2012 at 5:27:30 pm

Say if i wanted it over the entire composition but i wanted it to move with the background. how would i do that?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Aug 13, 2012 at 5:44:28 pm

Depending on what you want to use as a texture. If it's a plugin, like Fractal Noise, you need to apply the filter on a solid, use the plugin controls to animate the texture to match the movement of the background, precomp and use that either as a displacement map or matte.
If it's an image, you need to create a animated layer that matches the background movement (use motion tile on the image to extend it) and then use blend modes or displacement or as a matte to comp the image on top of itself and offset and color correct... there's a lot of ways of doing this!
The easiest is if you find a specific look that you're after and post that here- you'll get a more specific answer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]