FORUMS: list search recent posts

DNA Trapcode Particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vishesh Arora
DNA Trapcode Particular
on Aug 6, 2012 at 6:34:16 am

http://digieffects.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/dna-trapcode-particular/

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: DNA Trapcode Particular
on Aug 6, 2012 at 7:02:14 am

If you are looking for a place to learn, you've found a good one. There are a lot of very talented and knowledgeable people here willing to help people work through the problems they encounter and develop their skills.

However, using this forum as a means to promote your blog without any apropos connection to the community here does strike me as a breach of etiquette that will not win you many friends here.

Most of us here will also recognize the tutorials that you're following, and for the sake of your reputation, you do not want to give the impression that you are trying to pass these animations off as your own original work.

Finally, a few words about tutorials.

Tutorials teach specific techniques. You can learn the mechanics of animation or motion graphics from tutorials, but you cannot learn design from them. Strong design skills come with study, intention, and practice -- not anything you can get in 30 minutes of web video.

Find an animations that really impress you, and study it in detail. Break it down and try to understand what makes it work. Don't just look at the mechanics of the animation (how the animator did it), but actually try to see how each element moves the idea, feeling, or story forward (why the animator did it). Study more pieces you admire and see how they use visuals to convey a feeling or message.

Next, practice. You will learn more by creating a project for yourself and really pushing yourself to execute it well than you will just watching and executing tutorials. Check out Nick Campbell's "Five Second Projects." Nick suggests a theme every few weeks for a 5-second animation design challenge. Think of it as a mini creative brief to build your project around.

Finally, review your work with someone you respect and trust, who will give you honest feedback about what works well and what doesn't. Listen, learn, and strive to make continual improvements.

Good luck!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: DNA Trapcode Particular
on Aug 6, 2012 at 12:44:03 pm

Thanks a lot Mr. Soyka for showing me the right path :)
I will definitely keep your all your points in mind from now only.
and thanks once again to tell me about Nick Campbell's "Five Second Project".

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]