FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create a hand written circle on a map, please

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Such
How to create a hand written circle on a map, please
on Aug 5, 2012 at 3:25:03 am

Hi,

I'm trying to create a hand written circle on a map.

I imported a pen mask from Photoshop,. I also converted the text letter O into a mask that I can deform (right click letter in comp window and Create Mask from Text) and tried using the Write-on effect, but I can't get the Write-on effect to treat the new mask as it would the letter.

I also watched this video tut on customizing text, but still can't figure out how to get Write-on or Stroke effect to work with the customized mask.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/mize_rob/AE_Customize-Text/video-tu...

Can someone help me out, please?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: How to create a hand written circle on a map, please
on Aug 5, 2012 at 5:36:01 am

It's easy robert. Follow these steps-
1. Import your circle shape from PS or Illustrator.
2. Open its "Transform " property and go to "Position".
3. Copy the "Position Keyframes".
4. Make new Solid.
5. Make new mask.
6. Go to "Shape" and "Paste" your key frames. This will make a mask of your desired shape.
7. Now go to EFFECTS and apply Stroke.
8. Under Stroke properties choose "Reveal Original". Increase the brush size.
9. And to animate the circle, Key Frame the "End" Attribute.
10. You are done.

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index

Robert Such
on Aug 5, 2012 at 5:55:43 am

Many thanks Vishesh,

I also watched this video this afternoon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgZp7LAIK4g) - and finally got the Write-on effect to work with the PS layer (circle drawn with brush and graphics tablet) imported into AE.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Aug 5, 2012 at 4:10:45 pm

This is even more easy way to reveal your shape. I have to ask you something. It's my 6th month with AE. Whatever I have learned till now is from internet only as that is the only source for me.
Eri Waluska has commented for my blog :

"It looks like everything on your site is from tutorials I've seen. If you're trying to impress people with your skills then you should do something original and not try to pass off other people's work as your own."

I am a student now and as you are my senior in this field, Please let me know whether I am on right path of learning or not??

My Blog's Link: http://digieffects.wordpress.com/

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]