FORUMS: list search recent posts

Continuously rasterise a precomp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burton
Continuously rasterise a precomp
on Jul 30, 2012 at 7:21:33 am

Hi- sorry if I seem to be monopolising the forum at present, believe me I have searched available resources , I have a precomp of a route created with a pen drawn line to which I've applied 3d stroke animated ... when I bring this into my 'master' comp it has cc sphere applied, it looks OK but if I zoom in a lot it gets pretty soft and if I hit continuously rasterise it disappears ... this is, I guess, a render pipe-line order thing but really can't get my head around it. Any advice please ?

Regards Roger

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: Continuously rasterise a precomp
on Jul 30, 2012 at 11:47:23 am

do you have a camera in the pre-comp? or 3d layers?

if so, then you will also need a camera in the main comp. Thats usually the reason things vanish when i switch on the continuous raster.

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Jul 30, 2012 at 1:38:26 pm

Thanks Adam, no, sadly no cameras or 3d layers anywhere ...

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Jul 31, 2012 at 5:39:24 am

Why not do everything in the master comp - ie apply 3D Stroke and then CC Sphere in that order in the master comp. This should help with the softening unless CC Sphere has a large radius setting. If this is the case then ensure that the Solid where both effects are applied is of a much larger resolution. This will preclude you from having to set a high radius value.

The disappearing pixels is most likely due to settings. Try resetting CC Sphere to see if the missing pixels return.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Jul 31, 2012 at 8:26:53 am

Mr Kahlenberg ... good of you to reply ... sadly the result's the same, the 3d stroked line isn't terrible, in fact adding a couple of pixels of fast blur has hidden the pixelation pretty much - and a touch of 'glow' has hidden the blur so my original desire for a sharp line has become a bit compromised ... smoke and mirrors rule !

Thank you - Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]