FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE6 files opening up as "untitled"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donnamarie Floyd
AE6 files opening up as "untitled"
on Jul 26, 2012 at 3:42:40 pm

Download new CS6 from cloud...created a brand new composite on AE, rendered it out fine and used "save as" to save it to my mac OSX,10.6.8, 2.3GHz intel Xeon (about 5 years old) 24 gb ram...when I reopen the file I just saved it gives me a message: "this project must be converted from version 10.0 (mac64) and will open as an untitled project. The original file will not be changed." I do not understand why this is happening if I JUST created the comp on my system seconds earlier...what setting do I need to change?

went to the Boston Creative user group where a very entertaining Al Mooney gave us an indepth look at Premiere CS6...it was awesome.

thanks for the help,
DM

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: AE6 files opening up as "untitled"
on Jul 26, 2012 at 4:32:48 pm

[Donnamarie Floyd] "Download new CS6 from cloud...created a brand new composite on AE, rendered it out fine and used "save as" to save it to my mac OSX,10.6.8, 2.3GHz intel Xeon (about 5 years old) 24 gb ram...when I reopen the file I just saved it gives me a message: "this project must be converted from version 10.0 (mac64) and will open as an untitled project. The original file will not be changed." I do not understand why this is happening if I JUST created the comp on my system seconds earlier...what setting do I need to change?"

That shouldn't be happening. Are you absolutely sure it was the same file?

One possibility might be that you chose "Save as CS5.5" instead of "Save as" from the File menu; in this case, you should have gotten a a message that "This project must be converted from version 10.5 (Mac64)."

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Donnamarie Floyd
Re: AE6 files opening up as "untitled"
on Jul 30, 2012 at 7:34:02 pm

I definitely chose "save as". I do have presets for CS5.5 and full version of CS5 on my system. Is there a way to uninstall them? Perhaps that is the confusion. When AE boots up it is definitely AE6.

DM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]