FORUMS: list search recent posts

PC fot video editing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Lakovic
PC fot video editing
on Jul 21, 2012 at 10:49:23 pm

First of all I want to apologize if this post is not here, but I have not found WHERE I have to put. I'm building a new pc, which will be a hackintosh. I come from iMac, I sold it to build this hack. I am semi professional in video editing, i did some tv-spots, music videos, short films ...

I'm starting yet, why do not I have a big budget, About 1500euros, the monitor is separate from this budget. The applications I use are Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects, Avid, Nuke, Davinci, photoshop, illustrator. It depends on what the customer demands.

I have determined several components:

i7 3770k
GA-Z77-UD5H
16GB RAM
128GB SSD for the system.

Had in mind the lga2011 i73820, but I have doubts. Worth the same price.
My first big question is the graphics card, my first choice was the GTX 670 from Gigabyte, but I think it is too much for video editing, and for 40 euros but I have the painting pmy 2000. I would like to know if there is a cheaper nvidia model serve me well and is compatible with CUDA acceleration in Adobe cs6. Or the Quadro 2000 is the best option?

My second question is the monitor, I like the U2711. But it's expensive I dont I have enough money. I am looking for some cheaper monitor 24 "- 27" good for video editing and 8bits if possible.

I'm thinking to happen to windows trabjar to the maximum the pc.

thank you very much

Return to posts index

Stefan Lakovic
Re: PC fot video editing
on Jul 21, 2012 at 11:26:50 pm

The GTX 570 looks good.

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
Re: PC fot video editing
on Jul 22, 2012 at 3:14:25 am

Just bought an HP Z820 and I installed the GTX 570. Works great!

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

HP Z820 Dual 2687
64gigs ram
Caligit HD Pro 2 16TB.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]