FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quality Loss when scaling

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carlson lau
Quality Loss when scaling
on Jul 16, 2012 at 8:06:25 am

Okay so I'm trying to make something similar to Typography and so the beginning is like a couple of bars coming out of no where, then I want to zoom in on a bar and write stuff on it, but everytime I try to use null object to zoom in, major quality loss appears, I don't have any images etc; just a white solid, the bars, and a solid with feathered edges. Can someone please help?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Quality Loss when scaling
on Jul 16, 2012 at 12:46:06 pm

For your solid layer(this is the one that is suffering the quality loss?) do you have the Continuously Rasterize button selected. It's the icon that looks like a little sun and will cause the layer to rerasterize as it scales up.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

mark lau
on Jul 16, 2012 at 2:06:40 pm

Okay so I have the 'main comp' which includes null object, camera, text, bar lines comp
In the Bar lines comp theres the background and another comp for the actual barlines (sorry if this is confusing).
I rasterized EVERYRTHING there is to rasterize in ALL the comps, but in the main comp when I try to use the null object, it doesn't work. If I use the null object, it merely crops the screen but if I scale the comp then it works. So how do I make it so that I can use the null object?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 16, 2012 at 8:02:30 pm

Can you post some pictures? It's the third icon from the right. And if all else fails, you could post the project, since it doesn't have external assets(last icon).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]