FORUMS: list search recent posts

replace with ae comp - wrong comp!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Webb
replace with ae comp - wrong comp!
on Jul 3, 2012 at 10:30:58 am

hi, not usre if this a PPro ro an AE problem...
In PPro i chose a clip and did Replace With AE Comp, and AE opens, i save the project, and go about doing my thing. Save it, close it. And back in PPro all is good.

But now i open my AE project and do some more things - precomp, add some filters/effects to the new comp, etc. save it & close it.

But PPro is not getting my 'final' comp - its stuck with the first comp, even though i've renamed the comps in AE.

How to i make PPro take my final comp from the AE project.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: replace with ae comp - wrong comp!
on Jul 3, 2012 at 7:54:07 pm

Don't add the AE comp until after you're done fooling with the project.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jonny Webb
on Jul 4, 2012 at 9:00:39 am

But i had finished with PP. The only thing left was to 'fix' one clip - the one replaced with AE.
I tried to export the AE comp (lossless, avi) and then import it into the PP project. But this had too many problems, such as much lower quality, my fades (opacity 0%) were coming up as black, etc.
It would be nice to use PP and AE as advertised.

I just need PP to accept the final comp from AE.

Return to posts index

Jonny Webb
on Jul 4, 2012 at 11:58:31 am

yeah. done.

The trick is...
when you've finished in AE, save and close your project.
go back over to PPro and File->Import->choose the AE project you've just done -> and PPro will show a list of compositions and let you choose one to import.
So as long as you used a sensible naming convention, you can import the 'final' composition.

It does seem odd that DynamicLink doesnt have any options/settings about which comp to bring back over, especially as the link names a project file "bla.aep". And as i've just shown, PP does understand importing an AEP and gives a "which comp" window.

Notes: what i actually see in PPro is the low quality proxy i made in AE. But after editing the AE comp again, PPro showed the realthing. However this may simply be because i was in AE so long PP had time to 'conform'....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]