FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I get a Premiere file perfectly imported into AE...for color grading?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Mulen
How do I get a Premiere file perfectly imported into AE...for color grading?
on Jun 29, 2012 at 11:22:24 pm

I have a 3 minute music video I made and for some reason when I go file > import > adobe premiere project the entire edit imports messed up, clips everywhere, hundreds of layers (the premiere file only has like 6 layers + 1 audio).

I am a big fan of the color correction and grading plugins I have in AE, so what can I do? Also, while I wait for an answer, I have imported a clip into AE and have done all my color grading on an adjustment layer, is there any way to bring the entire adjustment layer into Premiere? This way I wont have to import the entire project into AE.

Return to posts index

jim bachalo
Re: How do I get a Premiere file perfectly imported into AE...for color grading?
on Jun 29, 2012 at 11:29:22 pm

Did you try exporting via dynamic link from PPro?

I usually 'chunk' my clips, 3 or 4 max, when dynamic linking to AE.

Also remember to make a copy of your layers in PPRo first BEFORE sending to AE.

I agree AE offers a lot of finesse not possible in PPRo alone, but the major drawback is the huge CPU drain that dynamic linking seems to cause.
A recent project completed entirely this way
vimeo.com/bachalo/bellsofoldyork

However, for my next project I'm exploring exporting my final edit via xml and doing all my CC grading in Davinci Lite

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Danny Mulen
Re: How do I get a Premiere file perfectly imported into AE...for color grading?
on Jun 29, 2012 at 11:46:59 pm

What is "exporting via dynamic link"? I know about selecting clips in PPro and using "replace with AE composition" which works fantastic but I'm not sure how safe it is, I think its a form of dynamic linking if im not mistaken. Is exporting via dynamic link an option I can press somewhere?

How do you make a copy of your layers in PPro? Do I need to create 6 new tracks and copy+paste my clips into them? And what is the purpose of doing this rather than just using your main layers?

Lastly, its funny you speak of Davinci Lite because I plan to export via xml into Resolve for my next project too! That program looks powerful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]