FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tutorial on POV / head cam in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Davies
Tutorial on POV / head cam in After Effects
on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:28:38 am

Hi guys,

I saw a great tutorial recently on simulating the Go Pro / POV effect, as if the camera was mounted on the subject, focused on the face and background. It must have been about tracking and wiggle but I've lost the link!

Any clues?

Andy

Return to posts index

Dale Kutzera
Re: Tutorial on POV / head cam in After Effects
on Jun 26, 2012 at 2:32:03 pm

Just a thought: hold camera against your head, shoot some video, then track the motion and apply that motion to your AE camera.

Return to posts index

Andy Davies
on Jun 26, 2012 at 2:50:15 pm

That would work! But it's not the answer I was hoping for.

Thanks anyway,

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 28, 2012 at 12:00:24 am

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you trying to make it look like real footage was shot by a GoPro or are you trying to emulate that look with cg elements?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Andy Davies
on Jun 28, 2012 at 10:14:04 am

I'm not being very clear so I apologise. I've seen this style of shot in loads of films (I wish I could recall which ones!) whereby the close shot is focused on the subjects face and the camera reacts to the movement of the subject (almost as if the camera was attached to their body and is facing back) - it's particularly effective where you want to portray movement, confusion or altered states of consciousness.

I saw a tutorial where the movement was tracked quite specifically. It's not overly complex, but I remember seeing a particular technique that impressed me, so I am trying to relocate the video.

Thanks and sorry I can't be more specific..

Andy

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 21, 2012 at 5:51:10 pm

Sorry it took so long to respond. I can't access the COW forums at work anymore (stupid network admins where I work...) and I don't often do this stuff when I'm at home.

Anyway, you can get a camera rig that attaches to the actor.

Or you can shoot it that was as best you can (actor holding the camera, a careful ballet between operator and actor, etc.) and then stabilize the shot (using the legacy tracker) based on the actor's eyes or collar or something.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]