FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layer Styles outlines on the inside makes round edges

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Koler
Layer Styles outlines on the inside makes round edges
on Apr 6, 2012 at 7:34:57 am

When I make outline layer styles and position them on the insde, some inner corners get rounded. When I position my outline on the outside all corners show up as they should (no round corners).
(EDIT: Thats wrong of course the inner corners are okay but the outside ocrners get rouded.)

Unfortunately positioning them on the outside makes my mask bigger, which is bad because I have to be very exact in this case (I am rebuilding elements from a illustrator logo in after effects, so that I can easly animate it. I copied the shapes of every single element on a seperate solid. So, now I have a mask in the exact shape of each element. Unfortunately I didn't realized that when I copied the shape from illustrator it copied the full shape including the outline stroke that is surrounding each element. That'S the reason why I have to put my ae-outline on the inside of my mask). Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Layer Styles outlines on the inside makes round edges
on Apr 6, 2012 at 3:59:56 pm

Is there a particular reason why you don't modify the illustrator file to make separate layers, which you could then animate in AE? It would be a lot easier.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Layer Styles outlines on the inside makes round edges
on Apr 6, 2012 at 5:02:45 pm

I don't understand. You said positioning the stroke on the inside works, right? What else are you trying to accomplish? And I totally agree with Dave that it would be easier to just import the AI file as a composition with all of the elements separated into layers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]