FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Premiere Pro file in after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Scollon
Using Premiere Pro file in after effects
on Mar 5, 2012 at 4:21:42 pm

When i bring in the Premiere file to After effects by importing i can see the file in the preview, but i cannot drop it in the timeline.

When i use the dynamic linking option between the programs to bring the premiere file in i can then put it in the timeline, but it is only giving me white and not bringing in the footage from the premiere sequence.

Am i missing something?

thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Using Premiere Pro file in after effects
on Mar 5, 2012 at 7:01:52 pm

Here's my workflow:
Edit in PPro. If I want control over each clip, I right click on them one at a time and create a AE composition. I do my fx in AE, keep the project open and save. The next clip I work in AE will open in the same comp- this way I can copy and paste settings if I need to. If I want to apply a plugin to the whole cut, I create a new Sequence In PPro, bring in my first sequence (my edit) in it. It comes in as a clip that can then be sent to AE for fx. I can still change the cut inside the first sequence if I need to.
It will take longer to render in PPro for previews because of the AE fx.
You can also open a Premiere project in AE or import one.
Just make sure you have the latest updates for both AE and PPro.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Emily Scollon
Re: Using Premiere Pro file in after effects
on Mar 15, 2012 at 6:20:47 pm

can you clarify this part: "If I want to apply a plugin to the whole cut, I create a new Sequence In PPro, bring in my first sequence (my edit) in it. It comes in as a clip that can then be sent to AE for fx. I can still change the cut inside the first sequence if I need to."

Can you also explain what you would be copying and pasting settings for?

I'm sort of new at this but really would like to understand. I appreciate your patience :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]