FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shape 3D Motion effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Nahroniak
Shape 3D Motion effect
on Feb 17, 2012 at 3:15:57 pm

Hey guys,
I posted this already in the AE Techniques section but think this question is better suited here. How would I create a circle animated as seen in the beginning of this video? I am fairly new to AE and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Shape 3D Motion effect
on Feb 17, 2012 at 5:10:34 pm

If you were doing it with the text, I would make a composition(this will be a pre-comp) and use the shape tool to create a circle. Create a layer with my text and place it on top of the circle.

Take this pre-comp and drop it in my final composition and change it to a 3d layer by checking the 3d layer switch. Press "R" to open up the rotation property and rotate it 90 degrees on it's y-axis and set a keyframes then set another keyframe rotating it back to 0 degrees fairly quickly(10 frames).

Sometimes when rotating from 90 degrees, the image won't disappear, so trim your layer start to the first keyframe.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Stephen Nahroniak
on Feb 21, 2012 at 1:05:23 am

Perfect. Thanks Johnny!

Return to posts index

Stephen Nahroniak
on Feb 21, 2012 at 1:19:15 am

Now when I export this sequence do I export as an alpha channel so I don't get the black background when throwing this into FCP?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]