FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why do my Precomps not move like they're supposed to?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Dodgen
Why do my Precomps not move like they're supposed to?
on Feb 14, 2012 at 6:53:49 am

Okay, so I'm working on some 2-D animation. I'm not an after effects pro, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. However, this error still seems weird.

I have a comp of a character that is made of layers imported from Illustrator. I have different mouths and eyes that are precomposed in that comp. That comp is nested into a scene comp. When I animate scale and position, sometimes things get wacky and those precomps don't move position when the rest of the character does. I was having the problem initially when I tried to use the wiggler on it, so I gave up and just did the keyframes myself.

Right now, if I scrub my scene, everything looks good. The eyes and mouth follow the position and scaling. But now the problem occurs when I try to render. (In my final output it's like the mouth and eyes get stuck in place and just ignore the fact that everything else is moving.) What is going on?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Why do my Precomps not move like they're supposed to?
on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:49:26 pm

Do you have continuously rasterize turned on for your precomps? That might be causing an issue.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Chris Dodgen
on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:59:35 pm

I'm pretty sure I do have continually rasterize on in all the comps. I'll try messing with that. Do I only need it on in the final comp? I'm still not entirely clear on how to use vector art so that it doesn't artifact.

Return to posts index

Chris Dodgen
on Feb 14, 2012 at 6:09:17 pm

It's definitely Continuously Rasterize that's causing the problem. But when I uncheck those, everything looks like crap and it renders all fuzzy.

Now how do I fix this new problem?

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Feb 14, 2012 at 7:36:08 pm

Leave continuous rasterization on OR keep increasing your vector's compositions resolution while reducing its scale on the main composition untill you don't see it's jagged anymore. (for example, scale your vector by 300%, multiply by 3 it's comp res, then divide by 3 this comps scale on your main comp)

If you choose to leave rasterization on: This sort of bug happens sometimes...mostly when you have linked layers between different comps...just remember to purge everything before you render, or preview...and it should work out fine.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:52:26 pm

It's hard to say without seeing the project but one thing to check is that the color mode of your illustrator file is set to RGB and not CMYK. If that's not the issue then maybe post some screen shots of your comps and pre-comps so we can see what's going on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]