FORUMS: list search recent posts

Face Blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Mayer
Face Blur
on Feb 9, 2012 at 2:08:47 pm

Hi there,

I have a question that has already been answered a hundred times (I've been reading forum-posts all day and also looked up several other sources...).

I need to blur faces. About one hundred moving faces in a very short amount of time (4 days) in a clip that's about 6 minutes long. It's a scene in a public train-station at rush-hour and my client expects me to blur every one's face out.

Problem is: all the methods I've found are far too slow.

My camera, even iphoto has face-detection. Is there no $%&' plug-in for after effects of final cut pro that can detect faces and blur them? This could be so simple... every snapshot camera has a '&$# face-recognition built in.

Is there a plug-in for that?

Or: what is really the FASTEST method I could use?

Or: does anyone know an indian company that could do this task quickly? I feel like I'm wasting my valuable time with a stupid task like this anyway...

Many thanks in advance!

Sebastian

Return to posts index

John Drago
Re: Face Blur
on Feb 9, 2012 at 4:33:42 pm

I recently had to do this to for a license plate in my shot. Since the camera was moving, I had to motion track the plate, apply the track to a null object and parent that to an adjustment layer with a mosaic effect. Worked very nicley. But I'm not sure if you could even add a 100 motion tracks to a 100 nulls to 100 adjustmet layers - would seem impossible even to consider.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Mayer
on Feb 9, 2012 at 4:47:55 pm

Thanks for response! My computer is getting considerably slower with each layer I put on top of the original film, it's ridiculous. I only told my client that I could do that because I thought there was a simple solution / plug-in for that... but there isn't! I really dont want to spend my next two weeks day and night tracking and blurring faces, so any idea is welcome...

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 9, 2012 at 5:17:37 pm

Still going to have to do a lot of tracking, but you might want to take a look at the Tracker2Mask script. There are a few tutorials to watch from the guy who made it, it's not the most intutive script around, but it can be really handy.

http://aescripts.com/tracker2mask/

You could make an adjustment layer-add blur, add a mask/with this script and it would apply the tracking to the mask. It's still going to be a lot of work.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Feb 9, 2012 at 6:18:22 pm

I agree with John on using an Adjustment Layer with a Blur effect. The only difference is that I would use mochaAE/mochaPro to track the faces and then export out a mocha shape layer into AE. Then use the mocha shape layer as a matte for the Adjustment layer.

As for speeding things up, you will first need to analyse the footage and break it up into individual shots. I am hopeful that you may then be able to group faces that either do not move much or move together without much differentiation. If this is the case, then you only need to track one of the faces and then use moccha's Link to Track feature to create additiinal shapes.

You're looking at 25 faces per day, which is easily achievable since a blur effect doesn't require that you have extremely precise shape contours.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 9, 2012 at 6:34:30 pm

Forgot all about Mocha/Mocha shape(haven't had the opportunity to use it)---but Rolands right that would probably be the best solution.

I found this page of resources that might help you get started.Resources for mocha for After Effects (mocha-AE)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]