FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting a Premier Pro 5.5 Sequence to After Effects CS 5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike Rodriguez
Getting a Premier Pro 5.5 Sequence to After Effects CS 5.5
on Feb 5, 2012 at 11:29:57 pm

I am new at both of these application and I am having a problem getting a complete sequence to the composition timeline. I go into AF and Import the Premier sequence into AF I can see the sequence and everything in it. When I try to place it below on composition time line it does not go . I have tried this also just importing the entire project as well. I want this sequence in the comp timeline so I can do motion graphics on stills and titling while I see the entire sequence. Is there another workflow I need to be doing.

What Am I doing wrong here
Mike

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Getting a Premier Pro 5.5 Sequence to After Effects CS 5.5
on Feb 6, 2012 at 10:52:48 am

There are a few ways to work between the two apps. My preferred way thus far goes like this -

Goto File>Import>PremierePro Project. Then select the sequence that you want to import into AE. AE will then import the media assets as well as create an AE Timeline, which is essentially your PremierePro Sequence.

Double-click on the associated Composition Icon in the Project Panel to open the composition/timeline.

This is a simple way (much easier and less hassles with Dynamic Link) and works well if you've done quick edits in PremierePro and want to overlay CG or apply more intense transitions/grading in AE.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]