FORUMS: list search recent posts

Make a layer fly away like a piece of paper in the wind?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Boone
Make a layer fly away like a piece of paper in the wind?
on Jan 27, 2012 at 3:46:19 am

I have a typography layer in which all of these words drift or fade towards the center in a rectangle, and then a rectangle border with a dollar sign in the middle. Its supposed to look like a dollar bill.

What would be great, is if it transitioned to the next slide, by blowing away like a dollar bill. That sounds like it might involve 3d space in some way?

or if you have any suggestions of a cool way to transition out of this, let me know. Or anything that will make this look like a bill.

thanks

Return to posts index

Anders Hattne
Re: Make a layer fly away like a piece of paper in the wind?
on Jan 27, 2012 at 8:46:57 am

If you've got CS5 Freeform will be included. I guess with that you'd be able to do the most realistic movements, but it will probably take quite some time to get it look right too.

Otherwise, I would maybe try two instances of the page-turn effect - one on each side and once I have the motion I like move it in 3d space too.

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

Paul Boone
on Jan 28, 2012 at 11:45:03 pm

Sweet, thanks for the suggestions. Freeform is awesome; I went through a tutorial to make a flag wave, but I have a feeling to customize it for my needs might be a bit tricky. Most of the stuff in the tutorial I never even knew existed.. After Effects gets deep, but that's good.

Page flip effect is very clever. I think this will be my route.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jan 27, 2012 at 10:07:18 am

Free Form can do the trick, FreeForm Pro would be even better. Both versions of the plugin can do 3d distortion. I also know that Mettle offers a revised version of the Free Form (2) that is faster than the one included with CS 5.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]