FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 after effect keeps crashing while editing!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mian zheng
CS4 after effect keeps crashing while editing!
on Jan 15, 2012 at 10:23:12 pm

Hi. I have a problem. While Im editing and want to ram preview my after effect sometimes goes into a no response and it seems like the only way to solve this is to start over again. Now that is frustrating, specially when i edited about 30frames with masking getting every dot where i want it to be. So im asking you guys for help. what am I doing wrong? what setting is the best for my system? thanks
my system specs:
cpu 2600k overclocked to 4.5ghz
16gigs of ram
software CS4 after effect
camera canon t3i i guess its h.264 codec don't know much about that.

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
Re: CS4 after effect keeps crashing while editing!
on Jan 15, 2012 at 10:55:41 pm

Here are a couple of suggestions:

1) H.264 is a complex compression--it's better to transcode to another format using AE or MPEG Streamclip--Animation (Lossless) is a good start or an image sequence using the TIFF format.
2) If OpenGL is activated try turning it off--Adaptive Resolution might be good.

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

mian zheng
on Jan 16, 2012 at 2:30:59 am

Hi thank you for your quick response. Since h.264 codec is complex what codec do i convert it to for the same quality? what convert software would u recommend? Also when i turn on render multi frame simultaneously setting to fast rendering and mini allocation per cpu to 2gbs.i get an error saying RAM preview needs 2 or more frames to playback. does that have to do with the codec? i wanted to speed up my rendering. also sometimes some of my frames are missing from my footage it goes black or transparent for some reason. Sorry to add more questions to my problem, yes i am a beginner. thanks again

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 16, 2012 at 3:14:20 am

I agree with Dan.

Since you have AE 9, you must transcode your h.264 footage. This footage is why you can't render and why you get error messages. To transcode, you can use Adobe Media Encoder or MPEG Streamclip, a free download. I would transcode to either Quicktime's Animation or PNG codecs.

Unless you have a 64-bit operating system, you can't use multiprocessing in AE ("render multiple frames simultaneously". If you do, please keep at least 4 GB for other applications and the OS.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

mian zheng
on Jan 20, 2012 at 12:17:28 am

Hi, Thank you both for the quick answers unfortunately Im out of town right now and cannot try, the pointers you guys are giving me. Once I get home I will try it and see if is any better. thank you again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]