FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to edit multiple clips in AE for a project in PPro?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Lester
How to edit multiple clips in AE for a project in PPro?
on Jan 11, 2012 at 4:41:57 am

I have a project in PPro already laid out. Now, I need to remove grain (denoise) and stabalize the shaky footage for almost every clip in the movie (there are about 13 clips). Is there an efficient way for me to perfect each of these clips in AE and render them out and overright the old video files with the new, perfect video files? Dynamic link does not seem to do the job.

Any help is awesome. Thanks!

Member of iFrosh

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: How to edit multiple clips in AE for a project in PPro?
on Jan 11, 2012 at 7:34:05 am

Dynamic Link should work. If you right click on a clip in a PPro Sequence, you can convert that clip to a AE composition. That will open AE and you can apply fx as needed. Once done, you can save and the changes will appear in PPro. To render, you can go 2 different routes.
The first is to let PPro render in the final export (or render the work area for preview). The second is to render the clips from AE directly, keep the same name and add something like FX at the end, ring them in PPro and replace the un-rendered AE comps with the rendered clips.
Both work flows have their advantages, it just depends what you need.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

hosein alfa
on Jan 11, 2012 at 12:42:48 pm

yes .
you can right click on footage in ppro and choose "replace footage with ae comp"

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 13, 2012 at 7:03:41 pm

Another thing you can do is import the Premiere project into AE without using Dynamic link.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]