FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to change multiple stroke properites?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sabri Liefert
How to change multiple stroke properites?
on Jan 3, 2012 at 7:44:55 am

Hello,

i have a few compositions with shape paths.
Now i want to change all Stroke>Line Cap properties from Butt to Round.

I wonder if there is an effective way to do this quick. Because there are like 300 Strokes.

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
Re: How to change multiple stroke properites?
on Jan 3, 2012 at 5:13:16 pm

Unfortunately, there are many shape properties that are not accessible through scripting. Please request this from Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

You can also change one, then select the word "Line Cap" and "copy." Then you can use the search function to look for all strokes in the composition select all the ones you want to change and hit "paste." Probably a little faster than changing each one individually.

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

Sabri Liefert
on Jan 3, 2012 at 6:06:21 pm

That saved me some sub-sub menu openings. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:05:56 pm

Actually you could script that if you wanted to:

Loop through the layers/groups/properties:

Set one of these values as x:

1 = Butt
2 = Round (in your case)
3 = Projecting

lineCap.setValue(2);

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

Sabri Liefert
on Jan 4, 2012 at 9:08:31 am

Thank you! Awesome!

Return to posts index

Alister Ferguson
on Apr 9, 2012 at 2:28:05 pm

Hi, I know nothing about scripting, but I would love to be able to apply this exact same global change to the butt caps!

If you or anyone else has the time to make this into an actual script I would be forever grateful! (In fact, I would pay money right now to have a script that does exactly this as it would save me hours on my current job!)

Cheers,

Al.

Return to posts index

Patrick Mustain
on Jan 17, 2014 at 2:55:48 am

Hi Dan,

I have the same problem that Sabri had. I tried your suggestion but it doesn't appear to be working.

I have 32 strokes (shape 1, shape 2, shape 3, etc) all on one shape layer. I can expand one "shape" to reveal the stroke properties, I can change the line cap to Round Cap. That's great. I selected the word "Line Cap" by clicking on it and it is highlighted. I went to the Edit menu and selected "copy".

I don't know what the search function is, but I was able to use the selection tool to select the rest of the strokes I wanted to change. I went to "Edit" and clicked "Paste" and nothing happened. I've tried the same thing with Command + C and Copmmand +V key strokes and again, nothing has happened.

Do you have any suggestions?

I'd appreciate the help! I can go in and do it by hand now, but I may have to edit similar number of shapes in the future, and I really don't want to have to go in one by one to do this. If there's a faster way that doesn't involves scripting (I don't really know how to do that) please let me know!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]