FORUMS: list search recent posts

Test render from AE to Prem Pro for iPad apps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim hall
Test render from AE to Prem Pro for iPad apps
on Dec 14, 2011 at 1:06:51 pm

Hi - I'm test rendering some AE comps to put together in Premier Pro for movie content for iPad apps. I'm getting them onto the iPad OK but the file size is pretty big. I was wondering what compromises people have found best.

Does anyone have any tips experience on choices of format/quality to file size? Or perhaps theres some threads already out there?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Test render from AE to Prem Pro for iPad apps
on Dec 14, 2011 at 5:16:36 pm

If you export from Premiere for final delivery, are you using the same resolution and codec specified for iPads?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Dec 14, 2011 at 6:48:41 pm

Hi Jim -

I generally render my "master" version from either AE or PPro at the highest resolution, just to future proof it (1920 x 1080), then I encode using Adobe Media Encoder.

If you are working at the final resolution you need for the IPad, you could still output a master uncompressed and use Media Encoder. I deliver my 1920 x 1080 files for Ipad at 640 x 360 in H.264 codec. Here's a pretty good rundown for encoding for the IPad:

http://www.ipadintouch.com/the-complete-guide-to-ipad-video-format/

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Laur timofte
on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:42:26 pm

My friend was working on apple and he changed his profession and life build career because he discovered the best method to get a ipad for free. Each problem which I have with iPad it's finished for me because my friend Mike helps me.
After he told me the best method to get a free iPad 2, it always helps me with all sorts of questions I have. This is his job and I appreciate very much his website free-us-ipad.com .
I hope that he will help you with your all questions. It is an amazing man. All my family got free ipads 2 + white smartcover. It's a user proof category there if you don`t believe me. This man is my idol

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 15, 2011 at 5:25:27 pm

[Laur timofte] "After he told me the best method to get a free iPad 2, it always helps me with all sorts of questions I have. This is his job and I appreciate very much his website free-us-ipad.com . "

Are you and your family also Nigerian Royalty who want to share your inheritance with us?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jim hall
on Dec 16, 2011 at 8:20:22 am

Thanks for the help. Master to choice of render sounds the way to go.

May I ask, the images I'm working on are jpgs of an artist's originals. Some of them are slightly different in dimensions. I've found a compromise of 640 by 370 works best for getting the most image real estate for all the images without distorting them noticeably. They are still images of course, and I'm zooming in and panning, so I started with twice the size in photoshop and I'm scale the images to 50% in Prem-Pro. This gives a really clean image when I zoom in.

I'm not a very experienced, or trained editor, so I wondered if there was anything wrong with that workflow?

Also, I'm wondering if Apple will accept 640 by 370 on apps in their app store. The app with video is working on my iPad OK but I've yet to send it off for Apple verification.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]