FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects Passive 3D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Piotr Kołodziejski
After Effects Passive 3D
on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:13:16 pm

Hi,
I tried to find anything about passive 3D making in After Effects, but there were only few threads about anaglyphs.

How I should prepare the material for passive 3d glasses? I have two animations (left and right) but how they should be rendered? I am using Chris Keller scripts for making 3d movies and there is an option for interleaved image, but I am not sure if this will work on passive 3d tv or projector.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effects Passive 3D
on Dec 2, 2011 at 5:01:10 pm

It doesn't matter whether the display itself is active or passive.

You need to find out what format the playback device expects -- interleaved, top/bottom, side-by-side, etc. and deliver accordingly.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Piotr Kołodziejski
on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:45:54 pm

Ok. We will be using 2 simple projectors with polarization filters to display passive 3D. I can make two seperate movies for left and right eye, but my question is how to play them at the same time for each projector.

Can I just plug in two projectors to the graphics card and somehow play two movies at the exact same time, each one for each projector?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:55:01 pm

I'd be leery of a system that plays two streams unless it's specifically designed for 3D playback. If one stream gets a frame or two ahead of the other, it will be very disorienting for your viewers.

I'd suggest using dedicated playback built for 3D, like a DoReMi dual-channel DDR (rent one from your staging vendor) or 3dtv Stereoscopic Player [link].

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Piotr Kołodziejski
on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:12:10 pm

Ok. But what about a 3D projector - it has the ability to display passive 3D movie. How is the footage prepared for it?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:23:44 pm

Either by processing two discrete inputs (left and right eye), or by taking a single input encoded for 3D with one of the delivery methods I mentioned before (side-by-side, top/bottom, etc.) If the projector supports HDMI 1.4, frame packing is an option.

No matter how your 3D content will be displayed, you must first create the left eye and right eye views.

Once that's done, you'll need to prepare them for presentation according to the specifics of the system you're using.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Piotr Kołodziejski
on Dec 8, 2011 at 8:11:39 pm

Big thanks for all replies! I still have some questions. Right now I have a 3d footage - side by side views. How can I put them into separate files because right now they are squashed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]