FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reducing scale of photoshop files causes pixelation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Lee
Reducing scale of photoshop files causes pixelation?
on Nov 27, 2011 at 11:04:47 pm

Hi Guys.

I have been working on some book covers sent to me from cover designers. When I use the photoshop files in after effects in a comp the same resolution as the original psd document i have no problem. but If i want to make a comp significantly smaller and reduce the size of psd layers such as text or simple graphics. The layers become extemely pixelated and are unusable. I would expect this when trying to enlarge a layer beyond its intended resolution but not when reducing it.

Any ideas? when in photoshop you can reduce a layer to any size and it still remains the same quality, but in after effects it goes very pixelated for me.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Reducing scale of photoshop files causes pixelation?
on Nov 28, 2011 at 12:24:47 am

No, you should not have pixelation when reducing the scale. Check that your comp preview window size (magnification ratio) is set to 100% and your quality to full. Also, be sure that the layers themselves have their quality switches (diagonal line icon) set to full.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 28, 2011 at 10:50:55 am

collapse transformation/continuously rasterize switch(looks like a sun) should keep vectors crisp. Now if they're not vectors, well then its up to a good bicubic resize plugin.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Nov 28, 2011 at 3:53:19 pm

He is working with PSD files, not vector, so the layers will come in as raster, which is fine for scaling down without a plug-in. FYI - You can convert those layers to live text layers in AE if you wanted to scale them up or change the text. Layer>convert to editable text

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]