FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tiling a 3d background

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaime Quintana
Tiling a 3d background
on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:29:54 pm

So, I ve been working on an animation that consists of a camera moving across many different graphcal elements on a gradient white background. The client would like a light grid to be added to give the movments perspective. I've tried using repetile and it works but my renders keep failing. the error message says something to the effect of the frames rendered being too large. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Tiling a 3d background
on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:45:41 pm

[Jaime Quintana] "I've tried using repetile and it works but my renders keep failing. the error message says something to the effect of the frames rendered being too large."

The exact error message would help, as well as some more information about your setup. OS, version of AE, system specs, etc.

Perhaps you don't have enough RAM? If you have multiprocessing turned on, try increasing the memory allocation per instance, or try disabling multiprocessing entirely.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Nov 18, 2011 at 2:31:27 am

Hi Walter, it could be a limit of the effect as some tiling effects max out at 10K layer size (after tiling). One way is to add a duplicate tile or add depth of field so that you don't need such a huge tile.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Raza Ahmad
on Nov 18, 2011 at 5:39:17 am

One way I can think to fake it would be to animate (or use an expression) to link the camera movement to an Offset effect....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]