FORUMS: list search recent posts

Continuous rasterization render failing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Harford
Continuous rasterization render failing
on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:33:51 pm

Hi,

Im having a major problem with using illustrator files in after effects.

I have built a scene with around 20 ai layers. I have then used ptmultiplane script to distribute them in 3d space.

I have then added 10 or so swf files also in 3d space -everything is fine and i continue to animate - and now after effects wont display anything in my comp??.It just displays black. I have been using after effects professionally for around 3 years so am aware of obvious human errors. If I restart its displays it for a while until I start doing stuff- then goes black again??

When I set off to render it crashes after it reaches 30 frames or so.

So the question i have is - does it matter how big the illustrator file is even if i am using continuous rasterization ? Because I assuming that after effects cant handle the files.

Thanks prematurely for you help and advice.

James

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Continuous rasterization render failing
on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:59:52 pm

Maybe it's the SWF files, not the AI files? Or maybe it's a problem driven by one specific file? Can you try to narrow it down?

Does it re-render properly if you use Edit > Purge > Purge All instead of re-launching when you get the blank viewer?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

James Harford
on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:05:21 pm

Hey Walter,

Will try purging an see. I am now trying to render without the swf's.

I have also painstakingly replaced each ai layer with a smaller version and scaled up to fit original.

Prob should have removed the swf's first..

Will let you know the results!

Thanks for your quick response as well mate,

James

Return to posts index

Steve Blacker
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:39:10 am

For what it's worth, I've experienced lots of issues with SWF files in AFter Effects in the past. It always seems to be fairly hit or miss whether they're going to play nice or not. I know that doesn't help you, but at least you know you're not the only one...

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Tristan Murfitt
on Feb 13, 2012 at 2:12:32 pm

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question... but I recently saw the animation (I assume you made) for the Flux Pavillion remake "Sway - We level Up", and it was fantastic :P Good job! Didn't know any other way to contact you - sorry!

Return to posts index

James Harford
on Feb 13, 2012 at 4:56:43 pm

Thanks Tristan! Glad you liked it!

And in case anyone is reading this thread looking for the answer to the problem, I had to pre render the swf files in order to render the final Ad,

So it was the SWF's that were the problem, so thanks Walter.

james

Return to posts index

Tristan Murfitt
on Feb 13, 2012 at 11:44:53 pm

Thanks for the reply!

If you have the time;
I am aspiring to be a Graphic and Motion designer (looking to go to Winchester School of Arts for University in the future). I am interested in how you achieved some of the effects in the video!
The wiggle that the text has (the small bouncing effect), is this an expression on AfterEffects or did you use a plugin or something? And the motion images in the video, such as the raining clouds or the sauce, are these animated sprites or...? How did you do this?

I am very interested to learn, have been looking through some of the tutorials on here, thank you very much!
- Tristan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]