FORUMS: list search recent posts

Open AFX v6 in CS5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sam baum
Open AFX v6 in CS5.5
on Oct 18, 2011 at 2:29:44 pm

Hi all

I've got a file I made in AFX 6 that I really need to export but cannot open it in AFX CS5.5. I've had a look online and it seems that I'm just not going to be able to do it. Are there any tricks that I may be able to adopt in order to make the export?

Any ideas?

Thanks

S

Return to posts index

sam baum
Re: Open AFX v6 in CS5.5
on Oct 18, 2011 at 2:34:52 pm

Ooops, sorry. It was made in AFX 5.5.

Thanks

S

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 18, 2011 at 2:38:06 pm

[sam baum] "I've got a file I made in AFX 6 that I really need to export but cannot open it in AFX CS5.5. I've had a look online and it seems that I'm just not going to be able to do it. Are there any tricks that I may be able to adopt in order to make the export?"

Do you have any other versions of AE installed on your system? AE 6, AE 7, CS3, or CS4?

If so, open your project and resave it. AE CS5.5 can read back to AE v6 project files.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

sam baum
on Oct 18, 2011 at 2:54:34 pm

Ah yes. I do actually have a version on an old machine. Will dust of old machine and see if I can open it there.

Thanks so much

S

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:39:57 am

> AE CS5.5 can read back to AE v6 project files.

Actually, After Effects CS5.5 can only read back to After Effects 6.5, not 6.0.

But Walter's advice of using an intermediate version to open and then resave the project is the way to go.

Because CS5.5 Production Premium and Master Collection both come with After Effects CS4 (for people stuck on 32-bit systems), you already have such an intermediate version if you have the suite.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 19, 2011 at 4:41:23 pm

[Todd Kopriva] "Actually, After Effects CS5.5 can only read back to After Effects 6.5, not 6.0."

I stand corrected!

[Todd Kopriva] "Because CS5.5 Production Premium and Master Collection both come with After Effects CS4 (for people stuck on 32-bit systems), you already have such an intermediate version if you have the suite."

Is this Windows-only?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 19, 2011 at 5:04:12 pm

> Is this Windows-only?

Yes. Sorry for forgetting that detail. Since all versions of Mac OS have been able to run 64-bit applications for a long time, we didn't need to include the 32-bit applications with the Mac OS packages.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]