FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best settings for After Effects for faster RAM previews and workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bert Beltran
Best settings for After Effects for faster RAM previews and workflow
on Oct 12, 2011 at 6:31:48 pm

The computer I use at work is a 2 x 2.66ghz quad core with 16gb of RAM, what would be the best settings for After Effects 5 for quick raw previews and faster workflow? The reason why is cause I deal with a lot of HD footage in AE as well as many layers depending on the motion graphics Im creating, I try to pe-comp as much as possible to help out AE. But some of problems that I come across in AE is that AE will slow down and freezing for a few min, then AE will come back to working fine again, but will then later slow down if I try to make an changes, (it seems like it takes to long to think). Another issue I have is when I try to scrub the the CTI it some times doesn't move and it takes AE a few sec for it to move. Im Just trying to find out what can be causing this issue, is it because I have to many layers (80-90 layers), or im not using all of the machines performance. And I have my preview set to quarter resolution as well. This also goes for the RAM preview I fell like it takes to long for it to get started on doing the render. Hopefully someone out there can give me some feedback on this issue.

Muchos Thank You's

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Best settings for After Effects for faster RAM previews and workflow
on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:41:42 pm

You can try the recommended memory settings [link] as a starting point.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]