FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC Light Burst 2.5 hang up upon export

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter Hempen
CC Light Burst 2.5 hang up upon export
on Oct 3, 2011 at 1:39:58 pm

Greetings,

I have a PNG dealing with some heavy light burst effects that seems to take way too long to export. If you apply cc light burst, and keyframe it from -500 to 0, you get this weird, almost Superman typography looking feel. However, in HD, AE goes nuts with it.

The effect only lasts for two seconds and I'm getting a render ETA of 36 hours...the entire clip is only 8 seconds long.

Am I wholly underestimating the processing hog of light burst, or is there something else I forgot to do to make this go quicker?

I'm working on a Core 2 Duo laptop, Vista, with 1GB Nvidia and 4GB RAM. I've done bigger projects with more CC burst effects that didn't seem to take this long.

-----
Too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?
-Gaff
-----

Return to posts index

Hunter Hempen
Re: CC Light Burst 2.5 hang up upon export
on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:05:58 pm

So to be correct, "hang up" is not really what's happening.

It just takes, a Really long time.

-----
-Gaff
-----

Return to posts index

Hunter Hempen
on Oct 5, 2011 at 3:13:38 am

To answer my own question, the solution is simply an adjustment layer.

CC Light Burst applied directly to the image in heavy blurred motion creates some serious memory hog issues.
Simply creating an adjustment layer and applying the same effect totally eliminates the problem.

I'd still be interested in hearing from an Adobe employee the computing logic behind this.

Thanks...to myself I guess.

-Hunter

-----
-Gaff
-----

Return to posts index

Tommy Dimmel
on May 4, 2015 at 4:45:32 am

Thanks for posting this! Totally had to wait 3 hours last night for about 10 frames to get rendered, that didn't even really have any outrageous use of CC Light Burst 2.5---just a slight use of it on 2 layers. Once tonight's render is complete, I'm going to attempt this trick tomorrow. You may be a life safer! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Tommy Dimmel
on May 5, 2015 at 5:57:16 am

Yep! You're a life saver! As a token of gratitude and for anyone else struggling with this, I created a video that explains how to efficiently transfer any CC Light Burst 2.5 effects from their original layer into an adjustment layer within a precomp. Enjoy:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]