FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random Grid Movement Revealing Image At End

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burch
Random Grid Movement Revealing Image At End
on Sep 28, 2011 at 5:01:05 pm

I'm working on a project where we have an image with the mosaic filter from photoshop applied to it. I need to get the individual pixels to move in a random direction, but only on the x or y value, stop, then after a couple seconds move randomly again and so on. They cannot move on the x and y position simultaniously.

I checked out Dan Ebbert's website here and its great but I have no control on applying the effect to my already positioned tiles. At the end of the clip the tiles will stop in their designated position and will reveal the image.

Sorry about the poor discription but its hard to explain. I would do this by hand but there are at least 400 tiles and the client wants multiple images done this way.I will gladly go into more detail if needed.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Random Grid Movement Revealing Image At End
on Sep 28, 2011 at 7:21:31 pm

Perhaps you should create a 4x4 grid and then manually move a couple of the grid items in the manner that you want. This will give folks a solid idea of what you're doing. You should then post it either here or at the COW's AE Expressions forum.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

Daniel Burch
on Sep 29, 2011 at 1:50:48 pm

Here's a link to an example of what I'm trying to do.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 29, 2011 at 5:20:53 pm

Such an effect will be ideal with Expression. I suggest that you post your Q in the COW's AE Expressions Forum.

I've done similar stuff but my objects jump rather than move from one position onto another.

WHen you post in Expression forum, I suggest that you elaborate more on what the colours mean - specifically, my thoughts are that the grey areas empty (transparent) areas and all other grid areas are made up of your image.

Good Luck
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

Daniel Burch
on Sep 29, 2011 at 6:50:27 pm

I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks Roland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]