FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smooth keyframes over long composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Plenty
Smooth keyframes over long composition
on Sep 20, 2011 at 10:02:37 am

I've created a composition about a minute long showing a timelapse style sunrise over some rolling hills. As part of this I've keyframed changes in hue/saturation, brightness/contrast and some other parameters in Shine and Knoll Light Factory.

My client needs me to extend the sequence so it happens over 45 minutes. I've tried dragging out the keyframes over this duration but because the values now change so slowly, there seems to be occasional 'jumps' in some of the values which are quite noticeable, particularly at the beginning of the sequence.

For most of the properties there are only two keyframes.

What's the best way to ensure a smooth transition between these keyframes over such a long time period that is imperceptible to someone watching?

Thanks

Mike

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Smooth keyframes over long composition
on Sep 20, 2011 at 11:56:37 am

I would try precomposing the animation you have now, extending the main comp to 45 minutes and enabling time remapping on the precomp layer. You then drag out the last keyframe (and the clip) to the end of the main comp. This should create the smooth animation/transitions you are looking for.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Mike Plenty
on Sep 21, 2011 at 7:24:05 am

Thanks, I've tried this and it helps to soften the transitions! I still seem to be getting a bit of flickering between frames as the colour changes but maybe this is inevitable.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Sep 21, 2011 at 4:57:15 pm

The flickering between colors may be avoided if you use a 32 bit color depth comp.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]