FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mocha for AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Robinson
Mocha for AE
on Sep 16, 2011 at 12:34:36 pm

Hello, i am very new to mocha planar tracking, and have watched many tutorials, but have questions i could not find the answer for in those tutorials. My first question is that when i am exporting there tracking data, one of the options is transform data. What's that for. In all the tutorials they used corner pin data. Also What exactly is the corner pin and what is it for? If i were trying to make a video of an fire explosion, and i wanted to track the fire explosion to the ground, where would i set the corner pins? Corner pins seem to only work for flat videos. I would need the explosion to go straight up. Also would i export tracking data, or should i use corner pin. Also, in some tutorials, they say to click align to surface, so the corner pin is the size of the composition in after effects. When i do that the grid and surface get so messed up than when i export it says error there could be tracking data missing or wrong. It seems like to me that mocha is used mainly for attaching videos to to objects like tv's.I would be very grateful if someone could answer my many questions.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Mocha for AE
on Sep 17, 2011 at 1:37:14 am

Your numerous questions, taken as a whole, are not ideal for a forum. It'll take much too long to answer all of them.

I suggest that you re-visit those tutorials except this time, after finishing a tutorial, you should work on your own footage and try to replicate the task(s) that the tutorial covered. Only move on to the next tutorial after you have a firm grasp of the existing tutorial.

Should you have specific issues with a tutorial or topic, then come back to the COW and we'll help you out the best we can.

For now, I'll answer your first question -

[Evan Robinson] "My first question is that when i am exporting there tracking data, one of the options is transform data. What's that for. In all the tutorials they used corner pin data."

Firstly, it is not true to say "in all the tutorials they used corner pin data" unless we have a different definition of "all".

You export Corner Pin data when the tracked area has perspective changes that you need. You export Transform Data when you do not need perspective information (which is contained in Corner Pin data) and only require position, rotation, and scale information of the tracked area.

Therefore, before you track, ensure that you have an idea of what kind of information you want. Mocha allows you to track an area from which you can export either Corner Pin data or Transform data from the single track.

For your fire example, transform data should be sufficient. Just ensure that you track the ground in Mocha. And ensure that you watch Mocha tutorials that use transform data.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

Evan Robinson
Re: Mocha for AE
on Sep 17, 2011 at 4:51:54 pm

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]