FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMD Extreme3D output + trying to view NeatVideo accurately with Color renders?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
BMD Extreme3D output + trying to view NeatVideo accurately with Color renders?
on Aug 12, 2011 at 3:15:53 am

Hello,

This is a 2 part question:

First time trying CS5 video output from my extreme3D card (to a Dreamcolor via hdlink3d) and also first time using NeatVideo plugin to remove DSLR noise on footage graded in Color.

First quickly how best can I set AE system to run fastest with highest quality results with the NeatVideo plugin? I have attached screen grabs showing how I currently have things set. One thing I notice is that its way dark when I load the filter onto the same shot I did in FCP with Neat filter. It looks fine when I add the filter in fcp but in AE its way darker and can hardly see the shot...I have the Pro version for both.

I have video output set up in preferences to what seems correct as well as color management turned on for rec. 709. video io to my Dreamcolor and plasma works fine with fcp and color and now i am trying to use NeatVideo plugin in AE to remove some DSLR grain in my 1080 23.98fps ProResHQ floating point Color renders.

I want to view properly out to my calibrated monitors not only taking into account AE project settings, Interpret settings, color management etc but also anything else I might need to know for future grading and grain adding / noise reduction in AE. I have noticed for example in the past that when I tried using BMD codecs or ProRes for output from AE there have been color shifts - instead I have had to render out in animation codec and switch to 2.20 gamma in FCP to be accurate. Ideally the color space with stay rec.709 across all applications so there are no color shifts between tools.

I should mention I also will be using Davinci, Color, Nuke etc but I like the flexibility of using other tools in AE such as Colorista, Denoiser, NeatVideo, creating grain for Davinci renders, etc.

I have never tried outputting from AE to a calibrated monitor and/or plasma for these purposes so I am curious about the nitty gritty with critical monitoring and the BMD card. Looked over some of the white papers but started to get confused in relation to my gear.

appreciate your help

Andrew

MacPro 4,1 OSX 10.6.8 / FCS3 / CS5
2.26 ghz 8-core / 24GB RAM
Nvidia GT 120/285 combo

Return to posts index

andrew smith
Re: BMD Extreme3D output + trying to view NeatVideo accurately with Color renders?
on Aug 12, 2011 at 3:45:34 am

Nvidia GT 120/285 combo

Return to posts index

andrew smith
Re: BMD Extreme3D output + trying to view NeatVideo accurately with Color renders?
on Aug 12, 2011 at 5:35:33 pm

Nvidia GT 120/285 combo

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Aug 12, 2011 at 5:49:09 pm

BMD card's video ouput problem resolved, so now I am just curious about Neat Video settings and optimal performance.

Nvidia GT 120/285 combo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]