FORUMS: list search recent posts

5822x1080 Motion Graphic - Hints?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele Poggi
5822x1080 Motion Graphic - Hints?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 12:57:02 pm

Hey guys. :]

I'm been asked to perform an animation on a HUGE (40000*6000) .Tif planimetry.
I have to create this animation on the picture itself, I can't move it around to fill a normal resolution, so I'm (of course) having issues.

A.E. can't use such huge pictures, so I resized it to a 1080 height resolution. The problem is how to then compress the video and be able to send it away trough the web with good quality. Since Media Encoder does not work with anything under 4096 (4K FULL) videos, I'm thinking about downscaling it even more, but then we're anyway talking about Huge files and resolutions.

Is there any help that come up in your minds?

"Freelance Post-Producer"

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor
VFX Supervisor

Mail: snm.poggi@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: 5822x1080 Motion Graphic - Hints?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 6:42:18 pm

Do you know how will this be played/projected? What are the specs on the player? Maybe that will give you a hint of the final format in which you can deliver.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Michele Poggi
on Aug 10, 2011 at 8:45:31 pm

What I'm been able to find is that the Resolution is a 1440*1080 16:9 video to edit on Final Cut Pro. I managed to adjust the long animation (20 minutes) to scroll inside that size, but there is still a 40 seconds one that must have the WHOLE image on screen, and resizing it so much kills every single detail inside of it, this could be a problem.. But things are going better, I have more issues with my Workstation than thinking about how to manage this.

P.S.: It's.. Years that I'm searching around the web, world, friends & co. about something.. Just now, only now came to my mind the fact that I could very ask it here. Is there anyway I can learn, or better know for myself prices of Motion Graphic/Graphic Design works? I'm always quite confused and worried with this argument, and I'd love to have any hint or discussion/example about it. Feel free to ask me anything if you need. But for the most I'm been unpayed for the last years except some occasions where I worked outside of the office that used me 'til now.

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor
VFX Supervisor

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Aug 10, 2011 at 9:35:24 pm

Regarding your image size- if you need to zoom in and see the detail on the large image, then cut that to HD size pieces, bring them in AE as layers and "stitch" them to recreate it. AE handles better many "smaller" layers than large size layers.

As per your question regarding the rates for VFX work there are quite a few threads here on the Cow on this forum that can help you- just do a search.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 10, 2011 at 7:00:26 pm

[Michele Poggi] "Is there any help that come up in your minds?"

Indeed -- take Ted's advice and find out as much as you can about the playback device. It will determine the horizontal and vertical size of your AE compositions. In other words, find out the delivery specifications before you begin work in earnest.

[Michele Poggi] "The problem is how to then compress the video and be able to send it away trough the web with good quality."

The compression should be established in the delivery specifications. If you can't use FTP, don't forget that 16 GB thumb drives are very compact, very durable and can be shipped overnight inexpensively.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michele Poggi
on Aug 10, 2011 at 8:50:56 pm

Thanks for the advices. :] I didn't think about SENDING the file with a little HDD, but that's really a good idea. The problem is if something like this can work out in Italy. ._. Now I'm working with a 20k*1080 picure, but for now I'm managing to make the client understand the "slide" as a good idea. The problem which you can see above is that I actually have to animate the whole thing for 40 seconds AND making it fit inside the P2's resolution means deleting all the details he wants.

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor
VFX Supervisor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]