After Effects sounds

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
neil goss
After Effects sounds
on Aug 1, 2011 at 11:49:28 am

Hi Guys,
First time post so don't shout at me.
I have a project where I need a car revving sound in after effects.
I need this sound to be a custom sample i.e i want to control the revving manually.
My only thought on how to do this was to by a driving game and record me revving the engine of my car (the exact way I want it) but this seems a costly and round the houses sort of solution.
Any suggestions - like a car revs generator?

Thanks Guys

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effects sounds
on Aug 1, 2011 at 2:30:25 pm

[neil goss] "I need this sound to be a custom sample i.e i want to control the revving manually. My only thought on how to do this was to by a driving game and record me revving the engine of my car (the exact way I want it)"

That's really clever!

[neil goss] "Any suggestions - like a car revs generator?"

Not that I know of.

I'd go buy a few engine revving sound effects and mix them according to the visual.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:07:13 pm

You might want to take a look on findsounds.com. By my search, there were 200 car revving sounds - free. By carefully mixing a couple of them, or even keyframing the volume in one of them, you can probably achieve what you want.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

neil goss
on Aug 1, 2011 at 4:03:17 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the advice. You know what, I think I will do what you suggested. I was only trying to avoid this as I have limited time and don't dabble with sound that often. But nows as good a time as any to get some crash course learning on the go.
I think i might try and program a rev generator in flash when i get the chance, seems like a gap in the market to me!!! lol.

Much appreciated

Return to posts index

neil goss
on Aug 1, 2011 at 4:03:36 pm

Hey

Thanks for the advice. You know what, I think I will do what you suggested. I was only trying to avoid this as I have limited time and don't dabble with sound that often. But nows as good a time as any to get some crash course learning on the go.
I think i might try and program a rev generator in flash when i get the chance, seems like a gap in the market to me!!! lol.

Much appreciated

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]