FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change multiple comp sizes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan John
Change multiple comp sizes
on Jul 22, 2011 at 8:42:51 am

I have a single AE file with over 400 composition that have unfortunately all been made at the wrong comp size. Unfortunately they have all been set at 1024x576 and not the correct 1050x576 so black bars are appearing on the vertical edge.

Can anyone offer a relatively quick solution to how to amend this. I dont mind scaling the 26px if needs be. My real concern is each comp already has the appropriate file name attached so making duplicates or pre-comps might get messy.

Thanks

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: Change multiple comp sizes
on Jul 22, 2011 at 9:26:18 am

I'm pretty certain that there is nothing built in to AE that will do this for you, but you might be able to find a scrip that'll do it ... try places like AE Enhancers and Google "After Effects scripts".

Keep in mind that you'll not only need to change the comp settings, but also "fit to comp" everything inside the comps without messing up your work. That may be difficult to do other than manually so I'd suggest trying whatever methods you come up with in a duplicate of the original project file.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jul 22, 2011 at 12:47:48 pm

You can use the "Scale Composition" script from File/Scripts/.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Ryan John
on Jul 24, 2011 at 9:28:32 am

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately the scale script works by creating pre-comps, this in turn plays havoc with the numerical file names already in place.

Had to just cmd+k each comp and change the values individually. Not a fun job but sorted now thanks.

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Jul 24, 2011 at 12:01:40 pm

Sorted, but in case you have the same issue again ... although I don't recall specifics since I haven't needed one in a while, I know with certainty that there are a few good comp re-naming scripts out there too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]