FORUMS: list search recent posts

Separating X, Y, and Z on position graphs messes up previous positions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Wilson
Separating X, Y, and Z on position graphs messes up previous positions?
on Jul 20, 2011 at 8:32:46 pm

I'm transforming images, and I've already done a good bit of animation using position without touching the graphs. Now, though, I wanted to separate the X, Y, and Z so I can mess with the Y graph... and when I click the button to separate them, all of my animations previously in the composition get screwed up. Specifically, it looks like it's still following the same path, but the speed is off, though I can't figure out exactly how or where. If I un-separate the graphs, it goes back to normal, but I kinda need them separated, eheh. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Separating X, Y, and Z on position graphs messes up previous positions?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 12:01:11 am

What sort of temporal interpolation are you using?

Return to posts index

Kelly Wilson
on Jul 21, 2011 at 1:17:36 pm

Clicking "Separate Dimensions" changes it from Linear to Bezier.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 25, 2011 at 12:53:28 am

from After Effects Help:

"Important: When you recompose separate Position properties into a single Position property, some information about the motion path and speed is lost, because the multiple Bezier curves used to represent the individual components are collapsed into a single Bezier curve at each keyframe. When you separate dimensions, some information about speed is lost, but the motion path does not change. You should work with separate dimensions or without separate dimensions for each property for an entire project, rather than toggling back and forth."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]