FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I Warp Stabilze a composition, or a small portion of a large clip?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caleb McLaughlin
Can I Warp Stabilze a composition, or a small portion of a large clip?
on Jul 13, 2011 at 10:18:07 pm

Hey everyone. I've been looking for a way to use the magic of Warp Stabilizer on small clips that I dynamic link from Premiere Pro. I only need to stabilize a few seconds, and I don't want to analyze the entire 15 minute clip.

Is there any way to apply the stabilizer to the composition and not the clip? Or am I going to have to render each small piece so I can stabilize then?

Thanks guys!

-----------------------------

Caleb

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Can I Warp Stabilze a composition, or a small portion of a large clip?
on Jul 14, 2011 at 1:42:25 pm

You should be able to copy the clip you want stabilized in Premiere and paste it into a comp in AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Caleb McLaughlin
on Jul 14, 2011 at 3:06:07 pm

You can indeed copy a clip from PP to AE. This achieves the same result as Dynamic Link (or right clicking and choosing "replace with AE composition". The problem is still that when you paste (or dynamic link), you are pasting a composition into AE. You can't directly apply stabilization to a composition (error: Stabilization analysis doesn't work with Collapse Transformations). When opening the composition, you are presented with the video file in its entirety.

I know you can go in and manually trim the clip within the composition, but this, to me, defeats the purpose of dynamic link. Is there a way to trim the contents of the composition to match the length of the composition itself? That way I can apply stabilization to a small portion of a large clip.

I hope I'm not missing something ridiculously easy....

-----------------------------

Caleb

Return to posts index

Mark Alan
on Feb 7, 2016 at 2:14:21 am

Sadly, i've tried multiple ways to circumvent this, but to no avail. I finally just marked out the clip i wanted in pp, exported, added it into AE, stabilized and then put it back into my PP project. Pain in the butt, but it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]