FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mask problem... unwanted halo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
niccolo ungaro
Mask problem... unwanted halo
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:19:03 pm

I'm color correcting an old dv documentary (25.fps 768 px x 576 .px square pixel 4:3 (1.33) and as hard that i try i can not use any mask-vignette the way I will like to. It happens expecially on a white background.
I have tryed different techniques (gradient exp. and vignette in R.G. Looks) or with a black solid feathered out ...playing with opacity and trying some blur.....

I will like to expand the effect so that IT SPREAD uniformly in a nice "invisible way" .

Unfortunately it does not come out on my rendering as in the preview monitor. The result is an unwanted halo (round striped) as in the exeple posted ( in the example I have exagerate a bit the the problem to make it more visible/clear).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7274509@N04/5909388372/

Where is the secret.......
Thanks you.
Nic.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Mask problem... unwanted halo
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:37:02 pm

This looks like banding due to 8 bit color space.

You have several options:

1) add noise to the gradient ramp

2) Increase the project bit depth to 16 or 32 bits.

Return to posts index

niccolo ungaro
on Jul 6, 2011 at 6:27:09 pm

Yes it is absolutely a delicate and tricky 8 bit dv material.

I will try both options... but is not clear to me how to add noise to the gradient ramp...: you mean the ad noise from - noise and grain option .... or? Have you got a good example or tut. to follow....?

Thanck you Mr.Brian.
Grazie Brian.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jul 6, 2011 at 6:56:28 pm

if you happen to be using the ramp effect, you can adjust the ramp scatter property in the effect.

other methods would normally require the add noise effect that you mentioned.

you can add it directly to the layer that is getting the gradient ramp (add it after the gradient effect), on an adjustment layer that is above the layers that you want to be effected, or just on a solid layer and then use blending modes to transfer the noise to the layers bellow.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

niccolo ungaro
on Jul 6, 2011 at 8:17:50 pm

Grazie Kevin & you all Gentlemens
I whill like a real time AFXSTREAM. Direct Teletrasportation fauna....no Elements.....
Thanck you all.
Love AF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]