FORUMS: list search recent posts

rendering visible 3d tracking points in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Kirastoulis
rendering visible 3d tracking points in AE
on Jun 17, 2011 at 2:04:27 am

Hello, I just 3D tracked some footage with boujou and i wanted to make the track points visible in the final video render so that i could show the tracking process in a demo video.

i exported the data to after effects and now i have a lot of null objects in a composition. i was wondering if there was a fast way to either make all the null objects visible or to add points to the coordinates another way.

if i bring in a null from the solids folder in the project panel rather than creating a new one, it shows up as a 100px by 100px white square with the anchor point in the middle instead of on the corner. i was just wondering if theres a way to make a null into a visible solid when its already in a composition.

thanks to everyone who helps

Return to posts index

Steve Renard
Re: rendering visible 3d tracking points in AE
on Jun 17, 2011 at 3:12:09 am

I haven't worked with boujou so I don't know what sort of properties those nulls might have, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't take a 100x100 solid and Alt-drag it into the timeline to replace the nulls. Just select all of your null objects, click and drag the solid from the Project panel onto the timeline, and hold down Alt(Win)/Opt(Mac) when you release the mouse button. This will replace all those nulls with that solid.

Steve

Return to posts index

Nick Kirastoulis
on Jun 17, 2011 at 4:29:24 am

Oh thank you very much. That worked wonders.

Return to posts index

Steve Renard
on Jun 17, 2011 at 3:49:34 pm

No problem - glad to be helpful!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]