FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame Blending in AE vs Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachalo
Frame Blending in AE vs Premiere
on May 23, 2011 at 3:38:19 pm

Hi
Reading livedocs on frame blending it seems that AE has one extra parameter that PPro doesn't, 'Pixel Motion'
http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/8.0/help.html?content=WS387852...

Does this mean that for best quality of any time remapping, I should do it in AE rather than Premiere?

My primary use is simply conforming 720P 60fps video down to 24fps in Premiere.

Still need to research what advantages the Twixtor plugin has for remapping but that will be the subject of another post.

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Frame Blending in AE vs Premiere
on May 23, 2011 at 3:49:12 pm

Yes.

Pixel Motion uses optical flow technology (similar to what is in Twixtor) to create motion vectors and use those to interpolate frames. This is the same as the highest-quality option in the Timewarp effect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Frame Blending in AE vs Premiere
on May 23, 2011 at 6:58:38 pm

[Todd Kopriva] "This is the same as the highest-quality option in the Timewarp effect."

With the caveat that the Pixel Motion that Frame Blending uses cannot be adjusted for your footage, it's using a sledge hammer where you need a scalpel :)

I have never had good results using this mode of Frame Blending. To avoid tearing and jello you'll need to use the included Timewarp effect or something like Twixtor and you'll likely need to tweak the parameters for your footage. You may even need to keyframe parameters over the course of a shot.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]